We live on the Korean side of town. Our neighbors are Korean, our school mates are Korean- the paper work sent home in school folders has instructions on the back in Korean, our stores are Korean, we are surrounded by quiet, intelligent Korean's. So why not try Korean food?
At Sydney's school there is a school barbecue coming up- on the menu is Beef Bulgogi. Nate saw the flyer over the weekend and decided the HE, himself, wanted to make Beef Bulgogi. He researched some recipes and made a quick shopping trip. Then he marinated the meat and BBQ'd it. It was so yummy, and really very simple.
We paired it with rice, fresh green beans and a few won tons
Here is what he did:
our pic, the night of...
- 1 lb flank steak thinly sliced*
- 5 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 ½ Tablespoon sugar brown or white
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- 2 Tablespoon sesame seed oil
- 2 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 Tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- Combine above ingredients in gallon size bag (or shallow dish)
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to overnight.
- Heat grill to high,
- Quickly grill beef on hot grill till slightly charred and cooked through on both sides. About 2-4 minutes per side.
Leave a Reply