Bowls are the new plates. It’s true. Martha Stewart said it, so it’s true. Ha ha! Really though! Have you noticed how popular meals served in bowls have become? I love serving food in the Fiesta bistro bowl. They are truly one of my favorite pieces of dinnerware. The depth is perfect, they are chip resistant, and they are beautiful to boot!
Today I’m serving up a California roll…in a bowl. Who is a sushi lover out there? If I’m being honest – I’m pretty reserved when it comes to sushi. No sashimi for me. I’ll stick to the spicy crab rolls and shrimp tempura rolls. The California roll is your standard, safe, roll. It was the first sushi roll I ever tasted and I still enjoy them. When I served this bowl up for dinner my husband gobbled it right up and promptly made another.
Toss it all together on your own for the perfect combo of flavors.
- 1/2 cup cooked white rice
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup imitation crab meat, chopped
- 1/8 cup sesame seeds
- 2-3 tbsp soy sauce
- In a small skillet, toast sesame seeds over medium heat until golden - about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Assemble bowl by placing rice, cucumber, avocado, and crab next to each other.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and drizzle with soy sauce.