The blend of flavors is perfect and satisfying.
When I was first married and learning to cook, my husband and I decided that we could re-create this tasty salad at home…and we were right! It has been a favorite meal at our house for years and years and years. There is no cooking involved – just chopping and tossing. So it is a quick weeknight meal that will produce lots of happy tummies!
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 8 oz can corn, drained
- 1/2 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2 tbsp basil, chopped
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 2 cups precooked chicken, cubed
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
- 10 tortilla chips, crushed
- Optional Ingredients:
- 1 small jicama, diced
- 1 large roma tomato, diced
- Combined lettuce, corn, beans, cheese, avocado, and basil. Toss together with ranch dressing. Transfer to a large serving platter. Sprinkle with tortilla chips.
- Combine chicken and BBQ sauce. Place atop salad. Drizzle with extra BBQ sauce. Enjoy.
PRESSURE COOKER: Place 2-3 chicken breasts with BBQ sauce in pressure cooker. Select poultry and cook frozen breasts for 10 minutes natural release and 5 minutes if thawed. Shred with forks and serve with salad.