Sometimes it's nice to have an easy, quick, foolproof meal to whip up. This southwest turkey burrito is just that! Simple ingredients that pack a big punch.
For the Filling You'll Need:
- ground turkey
- a can of black beans
- a can of corn
- a can of rotel
- and a few seasonings
Perfect For Meal Prep
I don't know about you - but I do so much better at lunch time if I have something prepped and ready to go. Even if I'm out and about, if I know I have a yummy lunch waiting for me at home, I can resist the urge to get fast food. This southwest turkey burrito recipe is the perfect meal prep meal!
Feeding Yourself Well = Self Care
This year I have really tried to focus on feeding myself well at lunch time. If I treat myself to a healthy and delicious lunch I feel much more satisfied and I never feel guilty for eating something junky. Fast food = feeling sluggish + feeling guilty.
Lunch In Minutes
The other day I cooked up a big skillet of this southwest turkey burrito mix and I have enjoyed the heck out of it all week for lunch. I use the La Tortilla Factory whole wheat high fiber tortillas and sprinkle a little cheese on top and this baby is golden.
Try topping with:
- A dollop of greek yogurt
Try A Southwest Turkey Burrito This week!
I hope you'll feed yourself well this week and add my southwest turkey burrito to your menu. This would make a dinner that the whole family would enjoy too! Come back and leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
Southwest Turkey Burrito
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 8.5 ounce corn drained
- 1 15 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chills like rotel, drained
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 8 whole wheat low carb flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet brown turkey along with onions and garlic.
- Add spices, corn, beans, and tomatoes.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Layer ground turkey mixture and cheese in tortilla. Roll up and serve.