These are a favorite, and super easy. You might as well buy a few of the ingredients- cause once you make it, you won't be able to stop!! It really is so easy and yummy I made it for my lunch one day. And of course very healthy.
Hoisin Sauce can be found in the Asian aisle!! I got it at most stores- Albertson's, Fred Meyer, Winco, BUT ironically I didn't find it at our local Walmart. They had the most lame Asian section though. The nice thing about hoisin sauce is it is so flavorful that any nervousness you have about using ground turkey will be wiped away with your first bite.
Chili Garlic Sauce is also in the Asian isle. It was at Walmart so you shouldn't have any problem. It is however VERY spicy. Most of the time I cook without it....because just a dab will spice it up, and we aren't spicy people. However, my brother loves to dump a whole lot of it on his individual lettuce wraps.
After you make it once, you won't be able to stop! Healthy, yummy, and easy. What more can we want.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 to 2 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 ¼ lb ground turkey give or take
- 1 green pepper diced
- bunch of green onions cut up
- 1 8oz Jar hoisen sauce
- 1 tsp- 1 Tbs chili garlic paste depending on how spicy you like it
- ½ peanuts crushed
- Heat oil, add turkey and garlic until cooked, add everthing else and simmer 10-20 minutes. I like to simmer longer.
- We eat this served in crisp long romaine leaves or butter lettuce leaves.
- Serve along side coconut rice!
Calories: 168kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 99mg | Potassium: 470mg | Vitamin A: 145IU | Vitamin C: 24.6mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1.2mg
Tried this Recipe? Tag me Today!Mention @OhSoDelicioso or tag #ohsodelicioso!
Erin V says
I always order these when we're out but i can fiiiinally make my own!