After Thanksgiving I always crave something light…something refreshing and simple. A few years ago I enjoyed a salad with craved turkey at a local restaurant in Utah that was so stinking good! It had roasted turkey, dried cranberries, sunflower seed, avocado, mozzarella cheese, and a pink poppyseed dressing. It was heaven. This is my version of that carved turkey salad – and I promise it will hit the spot after that heavy Thanksgiving meal!
If you are gettin’ a cravin’ for this salad and you don’t have leftover turkey – try a roistisserie chicken. It will be just as delicious! Also feel free to add in some mushrooms or onions if you’re into that sort of thing.
This week we’ll be showcasing a few recipes that are perfec for those Thanksgiving leftovers. But we want to remind you of a few older ones. Checkout our Turkey Tortilla Soup and our Waffle Turkey Club.
Keep gobbling up all that Thanksgiving turkey with this fresh dish.
- Mixed Greens
- 1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup bite sized leftover turkey or chicken
- 1 Avocado diced
- 1/4 cup bottled poppyseed dressing I like Brianna's
- 1/4 cup bottled raspberry vinaigrette
- Layer lettuce, seeds, cranberries, mozarella, avocado and chicken in a large bowl.
- Whisk together dressings until well combined, and drizzle on top.