Take your cold leftovers and turn them into a gourmet turkey sandwich! Sweet and salty Thanksgiving Sandwich the best! Don’t waste those thanksgiving leftovers! Use them to pile high this turkey, stuffing cranberry sauce sandwich. Sound interesting? trust us, the combo is a flavor bomb in your mouth.
WHAT IS A THANKSGIVING SANDWICH?
A Thanksgiving sandwich is a sandwich using leftovers from your thanksgiving meal. Pile tem high on a hot waffle, bun or slice of bread! and don’t forget the gravy.
HOW LONG ARE THANKSGIVING LEFTOVERS GOOD FOR?
Most leftovers will last 7-14 days in an airtight container in the fridge. Longer if frozen. The Turkey does not last quite as long however. It is good in the fridge for about 5 days. Longer if frozen.
DO YOU HEAT UP THE LEFTOVERS FIRST
This part is really up to you. The gravy does need to heated for it to become more liquid again. I would suggest heating up the stuffing also. But you can pile everything on cold if desired. You can also pile it on and put it in a panini press or skillet and cook like a grilled cheese.
ONLY REHEAT LEFTOVERS YOU WILL BE USING
Food Safety rules say not to reheat leftovers more than once. So only reheat the amount you will be using. Then place remaining leftovers back in air tight container in the fridge.
WHAT SIDES FROM THANKSGIVING CAN I USE?
You can use
- mashed potatoes
- cranberry sauce
Other items you can incorporate
- pile the food inside a roll
HOW DO I MAKE A THANKSGIVING SANDWICH
- Choose your bread or bun. Or WAFFLE! the sweet crunchiness is a delicious pairing to the flavors of this sandwich,
- add your turkey (it can be warm or cold)
- gravy (re-heated)
- Stuffing (preferred to be re-heated)
- Here is where you would throw in your mashed potatoes if desired
- top with cranberry sauce
- cheese * see below
- top with bread
WHAT KIND OF CHEESE DO I USE FOR A THANKSGIVING SANDWICH?
Choose a more mild cheese for your sandwich so it is not competing too much with the other flavors. Good ones are Provolone, Swiss, Havarti, Mild Cheddar.
DO I HAVE TO MELT THE CHEESE?
No, I love a good melty cheese so I prefer to stick it on top of the hot foods or place it under the broiler for a few seconds. Dont microwave as it will turn your bread a little soggy.
CAN I SAVE MY LEFTOVER THANKSGIVING SANDWICH
If you don’t finish your sandwich it is not recommend to save it. Because the ingredients have already been reheated once, its best just to toss what you don’t finish.
WHAT CONDIMENTS ARE GOOD WITH A TURKEY SANDWICH?
Try serving with your sandwich
- kettle chips
- potato chips
- pickle spears
- crunchy veggies like carrots, celery, cucumbers, bell pepper
- hummus and veggies or pita chips
DO YOU HAVE OTHER LEFTOVER THANKSGIVING RECIPE IDEAS?
YES! TRY THIS Kneaders Carved Turkey and Cranberry Salad with a delish homemade dressing. Or a yes your turkey in a tortilla soup, substitute the chicken for turkey.
GIVE US YOUR FEEDBACK!
If you tried this Cranberry Salsa or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
- 2-3 Tbs shredded turkey
- 2-3 tbs gravy warmed
- 2-3 tbs stuffing
- 2 tbs cranberry sauce
- 1 slice provolone cheese
- 2 slices bread, bun or waffle
- 2-3 tbsp mashed potatoes optional
- Make your waffle in a waffle maker
- heat seperated portions of your leftovers for your sandwich. Gravy, stuffing and mashed potatoes are recommended for reheating.
- Add your shredded turkey to waffle/bread. Top with gravy (this also helps if turkey is dry) pile on stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and cheese.
- If desired place openfaced sandwich under broiler until the cheese has melted. Add remaining top piece of bread and devour!
HOW LONG ARE THANKSGIVING LEFTOVERS GOOD FOR?Most leftovers will last 7-14 days in an airtight container in the fridge. Longer if frozen. The Turkey does not last quite as long however. It is good in the fridge for about 5 days. Longer if frozen.