Quick and easy blender pancakes for your busy morning rush! These pancakes are more on the savory side so they pair perfectly with sweet syrups, jams and fruity toppings!
WHAT YOU NEED FOR HOMEMADE BLENDER PANCAKES
These babies only use a few ingredients. What you'll need:
- oil salt
- baking powder
IS THAT THE CORRECT AMOUNT OF BAKING POWDER?
We've had a few comments asking if that is the correct amount in the recipe card. 1 TBS? YES it is! It is what helps your pancakes rise :)
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE PANCAKES IN THE BLENDER
STEP 1: Whenever you are making batters in a blender (our anything that is of a thicker consistency) you always want to add liquids at the bottom by the blades. Start by adding all your liquids- milk, oil, egg etc.
STEP 2: Now you may add your dry ingredients into the blender. You don't need to mix until after this step.
STEP 3: Cover with the lid and blend on high for about 60 seconds.
HOW TO COOK PERFECT PANCAKES
I'll be the FIRST one to admit I'm super picky about my pancakes! They cannot be too thin, or too thick or have crusty edged. They've gotta be perfect! Here are a few of my pro tips:
IS A GRIDDLE WORTH IT?
I love to cook pancakes on a griddle. I really feel they are 100% worth the investment (They range $20+) I love them becuase
- They surface area cooks nice and even, whereas stove top pancake pans tend to only cook where the burners are.
- They can cook several pancakes at once!
HOW TO FLIP THE PERFECT PANCAKE
- Make sure the griddle surface is nice and oiled IF it is not non-stick.
- Preheat Griddle to 350
- Pour even circles on to the griddle (I like to make mine about 4 inches wide)
- Let pancakes cook until the sides are dulll and you see bubbles poping through the batter
- Using a spatula about as wide as the pancake slide under the pancake and flip!
WHAT DO I SERVE WITH MY PANCAKES?
If you're in the mood to go all out I highly recommend making this easy BUTTERMILK SYRUP recipe. Creamy, buttery caramel syrup. It's so simple and quick! You'll have it done while your pancake are cooking.
Another great option my kids love is homemade freezer jam + fresh fruit and whipping cream!
Keep in touch!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Homemade Blender Pancakes
- 2 cup milk
- 2 ¼ cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients to blender and pulse until smooth and throughly mixed.
- If using a Blendtec.. press "batter" button and allow it to cycle.
- Pour batter in 4 inch circles on a non-stick griddle over medium-high heat and then flip.
- Serve warm with some yummy buttermilk syrup!