Pizza, in all shape and forms, is a perfect family dinner. Loved by everyone, makes enough to feed an army, and can be made with pretty much any toppings that fits your fancy. This Hawaiian Bacon BBQ pizza is a pizza that fits everyone's likes.
Hawaiian bacon bbq pizza fits everyone in my family's need.... Dad- loves bbq chicken pizza so copied what a BBQ chicken would be but switched out the chicken for bacon. Kids love Hawaiian... so we did FRESH pineapple and canadian bacon. I love onions and cheese. We added fresh mozzarella and purple onion. THIS is the perfect pizza combo.
Why Pizza on a Sheet Pan
Sheet pan pizzas are so easy and convenient. Everyone has a sheet pan in their closet... the dough rolls out easily into a rectangle. The sides help form the perfect crust, and it is large enough to feed the whole family!
I like to use parchment paper sheets under my pizzas. It not only makes the crust a little crispy and keeps it from sticking, but in one swoop I can lift that pizza out of the pan and cut it up on a cutting board. I really love this pizza cutter from Totally Bamboo. My kids are obsessed with too! While I'm at it I'll plug the pans. These enamelware pans have been my dream lately. They clean up SO easy.
For this hawaiian bacon BBQ pizza my go-to dough is one that is already on this blog, no-rise pizza dough. It is tried and true. Out of all the pizza dough recipes I've tested this one has come out to be the best by a long shot. It is crispy in all the right places, easy to make and FAST. Why are those always the things we look for in recipes :) ha ha we all lead such busy lives, and our evenings are no exceptions. Very rarely do we have hours to prepare a meal for our families.
This recipe you'll have done in about 30-40 minutes and it will be a huge crowd pleaser. Promise!
Hawaiian Bacon BBQ Pizza
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teas salt
- 1 Tablespoon shortening
- 1 Tablespoon yeast
- 2 + cups flour
- use as much or as little as you want on each topping
- 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 6- 8 sliced of fresh mozzarella
- 1 cup fresh-cut pineapple
- 1 package canadian bacon cut
- 2 slices of bacon cooked and cut
- ¼ purple onion sliced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Combine 1.5 cups of flour and remaining ingredients, putting yeast in LAST.
- Mix all ingredients until well blended and sticky. Slowly add flour until dough forms a ball and pulls away from the side of the mixer.
- Let rise for a few minutes
- Flour a surface and roll out dough, place on greased pizza pan, or pan lined with parchment paper.
- After dough is rolled out and on pan, spread toppings in this order:
- sauce, cheese, ham, bacon, pineapple onion
- Bake at 415 for 15-20 minutes, until crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and drizzle more bbq sauce and cilantro on top.