Today I'd like to introduce our Healthy Mama Series feature person - Carly. Carly is a mom, wife, and Beachbody coach. She helps motivate others to live healthy, active lifestyles, and also to feed themselves and their families good wholesome foods. You can checkout Carly's website here or contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in joining one of her free motivational exercise or clean eating challenge groups. Now - on to Carly's story...
Hi I'm Carly!! I'm a housewife, a Beachbody coach, and a mother of two amazing little boys! My kids are only 16 months apart...I love it but it was not 'supposed' to happen that way. :) After I had my first, Luke, in June of 2012 I really wasn't motivated to work out so I kept putting it off thinking 'oh I'll get around to it'. Then all of a sudden 7 months went by and I found out I was pregnant again!! Our little Soren was born in October of last year! So 2 kiddos in 16 months kinda takes a toll, and my second pregnancy was a lot harder on me than my first. I know that part of it was the fact that I was insanely out of shape, and I gained 10 more lbs than with my first!!
Now, I was a college athlete, I played volleyball at a D1 school for four years. And I played sports pretty much from age 4 till I graduated from college. So finding myself with two kids and realizing that I hadn't really worked for a good two years was hard for me to swallow, but even harder for me to see!! And I knew that I needed to get my behind in gear!
Clean Oatmeal Cookies with White Chocolate & Cranberries
- ½ cup coconut oil in it's solid soft form
- ½ cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups old fashion oats
- ¾ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup Craisins or raisins
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips dark would be nice too
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the coconut oil and honey. Beat in the egg and vanilla until well combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Slowly beat the dry ingredients into the wet until well combined. Don't beat it too much thought it gets cakey!
- Stir in the craisins and chocolate chips.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to drop balls of dough 1 inch apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before removing to a cooling rack.