Do you love pizza but hate the carbs? For years I told myself I didn’t like pizza just to avoid eating that high-fat, high-calorie, high-carb, oh-so-divine dish. I have a solution. If you want a little healthier approach try out this delicious cauliflower pizza crust! A great alternative that will nix that carbs!
Making a Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Making a cauliflower pie crust is easy, and honestly tastes pretty darn good. First you take the cauliflower florets and make them into cauliflower rice by putting it into your blender or food processor. Once you have cauliflower rice you want to microwave it to soften. Cauliflower has a lot of moisture in it. It’s crazy. So you need to wring out allll that water using cheese cloth or paper towel.
Mix all the ingredients together and form into a nice crust on your favorite pizza sheet. I personally love thin crust pizza’s so I made mine thinner. This will change the baking time depending on how thick your crust is. Either way, after your crust is formed pop it in the oven until it is nice a golden brown.
Check out our how to video – its so much easier than you will even believe!
Top with your fav toppings – I’ve been really into white pizza lately, so I opted for Alfredo sauce instead of red, three cheese, and a little pepperoni. But go wild! We have so many pizza ideas here on the blog. Maybe try topping it like our Roasted Veggie and Ricotta Pizza, or our Greek Pesto Pizza, or our BBQ Chicken Pizza, or our Prosciutto and Arugula Pizza…just to name a few.
Shop The Post
A low carb and delicious cauliflower crust pizza, it's healthy, easy and perfect for those looking for a lighter pizza option.
- 1 large cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Cut the florets off the cauliflower head. Place in a blender or food processor (in batches) and pulse until it turns into cauliflower rice.
- Transfer to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 4 minutes.
- Using cheese cloth or paper towel, ring out all of the excess moisture.
- Place cauliflower in a bowl with lightly beaten eggs, cheeses and salt, and Italian seasoning. Mix until combined.
- Line your pizza tray with parchment paper and form cauliflower mixture into the shape of a pizza crust.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 30-35 minutes. Time depends on thickness of your crust. It's done with the crust is firm and golden brown.
- Top with sauce and your favorite toppings and bake for another 5-10 minutes.