Tis the season for candy, treats, homemade caramel apples, pie and soo many delicous goodies. Halloween especially is focused all on the candy. So, while this pizza isn’t 100% sugar free…. at least it has fruit! and you can sub the frosting for vanilla greek yogurt! It feeds a crowd, and throws together so fast! We are collaborating with JANE for a fun #trickortreat series! You can see much more on their instagram if you head over there.
This treat is almost so easy it almost doesn’t even need a recipe card.
For the BASE you can use 2 store bought sugar cookie packages or you can make one batch of this recipe of Sugar Cookies.
For the FROSTING, you can use a jar of store bought, homemade cream cheese frosting or some vanilla greek yogurt! Yogurt has a higher water content, so you will want to serve the fruit pizza immediately.
Lastly the FRUIT banana for the white, oranges for the orange, mango and fresh cut pineapple for the yellow.
- 2 store bought cookie dough packages, or 1 batch of sugar cookie dough
- Vanilla Greek Yogurt*, or 1 jar of cream cheese frosting, or homemade cream cheese frosting,
- 1 fresh pineapple cut into small pieces
- 2 fresh mango cut into small pieces
- 2 dark oranges segmented and cut
- 1 banana sliced
- Using a pizza stone or pan spray with cooking oil.
- press cold sugar cookie dough into a circle.
- Bake according to dough instructions just until the sides turn a light golden brown.
- once cooled spread on yogurt or frosting of choice.
- Place chopped fruit in order- banana in center, Dark oranges, then mango and pineapple.
- store in fridge until serving*
*if using yogurt serve immediately. The yogurt is more watery than the frosting (and more healthy!!) If it sits on cookie for a long period of time it will make the cookie crust a little soggy.