I love the idea of doing crock pot night every night for my family. It seems like by the end of the day, I’m way too tired to do anything fancy, but at 10 am? Sure! Why not! This vegetarian curry is simple and delicious.
My husband loves Indian and Thai food and I love coconut and sweet potatoes, so I combined, and Viola!
A Unique Curry Combo
A fall, Indian coconut sweet potato curry dish! He also normally doesn’t love sweet potoatoes, but didn’t mind them at all in this particular dish.
Cashews and toasted pumpkin seeds make the perfect topping. Happy fall!
A fall, Indian coconut sweet potato curry dish!
- 4 medium sized sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 bag snap peas ends cut off
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 can garbanzo beans drained
- 1 T curry
- 1 t cumin
- 1 t coriander
- 1/2 t chilli powder
- 1/2 t mustard seeds
- 2 t salt
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups white rice Dry
- Mix all ingredients in slow cooker except rice. Set on high for 4 hours or low for 6.
- Cook rice in rice cooker or over the stove.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds, cashews, and cilantro.
PRESSURE COOKER: Place all ingredients except rice and water in pressure cooker, lock lid, close pressure valve. Set to soup setting for 10 minutes, then manually release pressure. You can empty the pot and cook rice in pressure cooker, then serve, or cook rice stovetop while cooking curry.