Ingredients you need for any caprese salad or caprese appetizer.
How to make the best caprese salad for your appetizer!
You'll want to prep by slicing your tomatoes about ¼ inch thick, wash your basil and you are ready to layer!
TIP: I like to sandwich the mozzarella between the tomato and basil so it can soak in the flavors of each.
What dressing is used on Caprese Salad?
Traditionally some sort of a balsamic dressing is paired with caprese salads. For instance a balsamic vinegar or reduction sauce. I love using BRIANNAS Creamy Balsamic Dressing. It's tangy but not TOO tangy as a balsamic vinegar may comes, and it's not too thick where the balsamic reduction can over power the delicate flavors and texture of the mozzarella and tomato.
Drizzle or brush the Creamy Balsamic dressing over top of the tomatoes and mozzarella.
Top the salad with fresh cracked pepper and sea salt!
Can I make Caprese salad the night before?
You can most definitely make caprese salad a few hours, or the morning of your party. You will need to cover it so it is air tight and refrigerate it the entire time. However I don't recommend making caprese salad the night before, because the salad is made with fresh mozzarella- which has very high water content. It does not save too well. The other ingredients become milky and a little slimy. So stick to making it just a few hours before.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS?
If you tried this caprese appetizer or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to! And don’t forget to pin this recipe to save for later.
Caprese Salad Appetizer
- 1 package fresh mozzarella log
- 15-20 Fresh Basil Leaves about
- 3-4 large Tomatoes RIPE, and sliced thin
- BRIANNAS Creamy Balsamic Dressing
- fresh cracked pepper and sea salt
- Slice tomatoes into ¼ inch slices. About 15 slices.
- Separate mozzarella (this should be pre-sliced)
- Wash and separate leaves
- Layer from bottom to top, tomato, cheese, and basil leaf.
- drizzle or brush creamy balsamic dressing over top of tomatoes and cheese.top with with fresh pepper and sea salt