Creamy, delicious italian inspired gluten-free risotto made from Explore Cusine's risoni. Made with chickpea Risoni, sun dried tomatoes, basil, artichoke and fresh parmesan cheese! It's a meal that feels so gourmet.
This post is sponsored by Explore Cuisine, recipe and opinions are my own.
WHAT IS RISOTTO?
Risotto is an Italian dish made with rice, pasta (or today I'm using Risoni). It's cooked with broth, spices, even your choice of meat to create a creamy, savory dish.
INGREDIENTS FOR RISONI RISOTTO
- EXPLORE CUISINE chickpea or lentil risoni
- sun dried tomatoes
- artichoke hearts
- parmesan cheese
- fresh basil
WHAT IS CHICKPEA RISONI?
Explore Cuisine makes delicious alternatives to pasta. Not only for people like me with dietary restrictions against gluten but they are also great substitutes for you if you are looking for healthier, organic options for you and your family. They taste delicious and have textures very similar to pasta! They are naturally high in plant-based protein, a good source of fiber and have 12 grams of protein per 2 ounce servings. Perfect for risotto, salads, soups and even sushi! My biggest pro-tip when cooking with chickpea pasta has been to make sure you rinse the starches off after your cooked them as the box direct.
HOW TO MAKE RISONI RISOTTO
Because this is made from a chickpea pasta you will want to cook it first according to the directions on the package and rinse it well.
STEP 2: In a large pan heat a few tbs of olive oil. Add your shallot, garlic and sun dried tomatoes and let them cook for a few minutes in the oil until the shallot softens.
Add in your broth, pasta, artichokes, cheese and risoni.
Stir over med-low heat until the broth is absorbed.
Top with fresh basil, and serve with your favorite toasted crusty bread!
CAN I ADD MEAT TO THIS DISH?
YES! You can add shrimp, fish, chicken or any other meat you like. For delicate sea food like shrimp you can quickly cook up in the oil with shallot, garlic and tomatoes. a few minutes on each side, remove from pan and add again later after risotto has finished. Other meats prepare before hand and stir in when risotto is finished also.
- 1 box Explore Cuisine Risoni
- 2-4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 ½ cup broth of choice
- ½ cup parmesan cheese + more for topping
- ½ cup fresh basil chiffonade
- ½ cup quartered artichoke hearts add more if desired
- 1 teaspoon salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook risoni according to package instructions. Thoroughly rinse risoni and set aside. In large pot heat oil on med-high heat add shallot, garlic and sun dried tomatoes. cook for a few minutes until shallot starts to soften and become translucent.
- Add in rinsed risoni, broth, parmesan cheese, salt and artichokes. Turn heat down to low and stir until broth is combined and rosini is nice and creamy. Top with fresh basil and serve.