Halloween is THE BEST! You can get away with eating all the sugar without any judgements :) Now, how about we throw in a little fruit to the party, halloween dinner, or pre-trick or treat snack and make a candy corn halloween fruit pizza recipe.
How to make fruit pizza
First! Grab your pizza pan, tart pan (11' is pictured below.) Make sure you use parchment paper and/or spay Pam to ensure it doesn't stick!
Fruit pizza starts with a cookie crust!
For this candy corn fruit pizza I like to use a sugar cookie base. But, depending on your toppings, you can totally use any flavor you love! Chocolate chip? snickerdoodle, oatmeal raisin?
Start by taking your cookie dough and spreading it evenly on a pizza pan? You can use homemade or store bought! Whatever you have time for.
Bake the cookie crust just until it is a yellow ALMOST turning golden brown. Don't let it get too golden, because it is going to keep baking in the pan while it cools.
Fruit Pizza Base, Frosting!!
Frosting works the best for fruit pizza because it acts as a barrier against the fruit. Many fruits have high water content which would make the crust soggy. HOWEVER you can use a greek yogurt if you are planning on serving the pizza immediately. The greek yogurt it also high in water so you can't let it set too long.
What fruit to use for fruit pizza
For this specific candy corn fruit pizza design you'll need
- Pineapple (Fresh is tastiest!) for yellow
- Mango for orange
- Oranges for for orange
- Bananas for white
How to put the fruit on the fruit pizza
To create the candy corn design start by first adding the oranges around the edges.
Add the mangoes next, followed by the pineapple.
Lastly, finish the middle with white bananas!!
How to slice fruit pizza
Unlike savory cheesy pizza I like to serve fruit pizza in smaller slices. The sugar cookie base, frosting and juicy sweet fruit makes for rich treat! Slice this pizza in triangles with the oranges on the outside and the bananas in the middle.
Let us know!
If you tried this Halloween Fruit Pizza Recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Candy Corn Fruit Pizza Recipe
- 1 store bought cookie dough packages or 1 batch of sugar cookie dough
- 2 cups vanilla frosting or greek yogurt
- 1 fresh pineapple cut into small pieces
- 2 fresh mango cut into small pieces
- 2 dark oranges segmented and cut
- 1 banana sliced
- Using a pizza stone (11" or 12") or tart pan spray with cooking oil.
- Press cold sugar cookie dough into a circle.
- Bake according to dough instructions just until the sides turn a light golden brown.
- Once cooled spread on yogurt or frosting of choice.
- Place chopped fruit in order- banana in center, Dark oranges, then mango and pineapple.
- store in fridge until serving*
Emily Kemp says
This looks so cute, such a great party idea!