These potatoes are a knock off from something we once saw on a food competition. I didn't even wait for whatever show it was to post the recipe to the internet before I made them for dinner. I just love potatoes- and these, cheese potatoes where can you go wrong? well they don't take much of a recipe in the first place. They're so easy, so creamy, so potato-chessy-perfect-o. So the very next evening I made potato gratin, from a muffin tin. They were such a hit, we have't stopped making them these past 5 years. I've figured out all the best places to put your salt and onion and just enough cream to make them flavorful and creamy.
You'll need to slice your potatoes very, very thin. chop your green onions, and grate your cheese. have some seasoning salts ready, and your good to start assembling.
Spray your pan with Pam, or some other cooking spray.
1. place about three sliced potatoes on the bottom of the tin.
2. place a small sprinkle of cheese
3.layer another 3 potato slices, and this time a pinch of seasoning salt, a pinch of garlic spread, a pinch of green onion and a pinch of cheese.
3.b layer more potatoes slices, and cheese, then if you so choose ad a couple more green onion, bacon and fresh ground pepper. maybe another pinch of seasoning salts.
4. Now, add cream!
Individual Potato Gratins
- Vegetable spray
- 3 med-large russet potatoes sliced very thin
- 1 cup grated cheese...use your favorite I like to use a mixture.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Seasoning salt
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Spread
- Fresh Ground pepper
- about ¼ cup crumbled bacon for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray your muffin tin with Pam or non stick cooking spray.
- Layer potato slices (about three at a time)
- place a pinch of cheese on potato slices
- Layer more potato slices, top with pinch of cheese, pinch of salts and garlic, onions
- later on more layer of potato slices, top with cheese, salts and garlic onions, fresh ground pepper and bacon
- Pour 2 Tablespoons of cream into each muffin cup.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, removing the foil halfway through cooking time.
- Invert gratins onto plate and serve.