I’m completed addicted to BUFFALO SAUCE! and I totally blame Kadee for this. I didn’t grow up on spicy food, I didn’t experiment with it as a young adult…not until I moved to CA and had a few friends who all love spicy food. Not that buffalo sauce is really all that spicy, or has to be. But one day Kadee had me taste test a chicken nugget with buffalo sauce and I was done for. So when BRIANNAS challenged us to come up with a recipe for their blue cheese dressing the first thing that came to mind was buffalo. Buffalo Chicken Nachos to be exact.
The latest buffalo chicken Kadee introduced me to was a chain down here in San Diego California. It’s called Wings and Things. Pretty much all they serve are wings, bread sticks, celery & carrots with the most creamiest delicious blue cheese dip ever. They might not serve a wide variety of stuff but the place is always packed. Their buffalo sauce is SO GOOD. I wanted to do a copy cat recipe of Wings and Things sauce, so this is what it is. And if all of southern California is in love it I can guaranty you will be too. (if you are a buffalo sauce lover like us try our Kadee’s Buffalo Chicken Sliders or her Buffalo Chicken Meatballs.)
Buffalo Chicken Nacho Neccesities
How to Make Buffalo Sauce
You won’t believe how simple it is. I couldn’t to be honest :)
- To make this buffalo sauce you use 2:1 ratio of Franks hot sauce to butter. If you prefer a hotter sauce, then make it a 3:1 ratio. So 1 cup hot sauce, 1/2 cup butter.
- Cooked, shredded chicken. I love to grab a rotisserie chicken at Costco or your local store and shred that up easily and quickly. You can also throw some chicken in your instant pot or boil some and shred it too.
- VINEGAR! The secret ingredient. You’ll need this to enhance all the flavors and add a little tang. Add the vinegar to the hot sauce, add the butter and melt in the microwave.
- Cream- its completely optional. I like to to make it a little more creamier and mild for my kids.
Now that the chicken is ready, you are ready to make the nachos. Nachos are wonderful because they are totally customizable. Make them to your liking!
I love to have beans, pico, pickled jalapeños…pretty much everything on them. Some items you need to leave out till after cooking, like BRIANNAS blue cheese salad dressing and the avocado. The rest, pile on!
If your chicken is hot you can throw the nachos under the broiler, but if your chicken is room temp, like mine was, heat it up slower in the over. 350 for 15 minutes is just about perfect.
Lastly don’t forget to top it with creamy delicious blue cheese dressing and fresh avocado. These things are a must when it come to the words buffalo and nachos being used in the same sentence.
Look at the chicken and creamy goodness. This seriously has me craving a big bowl of nachos right now.
- 1 cup franks hot sauce
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 TBS white vinegar
- 2-3 TBS cream
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 2+ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips
- BRIANNAS Creamy Blue Cheese Salad Dressing
- Nacho Toppings
- In bowl mix hot sauce and vinegar, add butter and microwave until butter is melted completely. Stir and add cream. Mix in with shredded chicken.
- On sheet pan layer chips, buffalo chicken, cheese, beans, tomatoes, cilantro and any other toppings you prefer.
- bake at 350 for 15 minutes until chicken is heated through and cheese is melted.
- top with creamy blue cheese, avocado and sour cream if desired.