How to make Sweet n Sour Chicken in Pressure Cooker
Cooking in the pressure cooker vs stove top for this recipes are quite a bit similar. The difference will be that will no doubt be nice a tender. That's the beauty of pressure cookers!
- Start by chopping your veggies. Then cut chicken into cubes.
2. Sauce the onion and chicken together. Add all ingredients except peppers :) Stir well. Add peppers last and Stove-top- let ingredient simmer and soften for a while or Pressure cooker- seal pressure cooker and cook on high, manual 12 minutes. Natural release that bad boy.
That's all it takes! So on those busy nights you think you don't have time for dinner pull out this recipe. Bookmark or pin this recipe so you have it on your meal planning days!
If you're needed in a visual on how to make this recipe, here is a quick video guide! We'd love for you to share it with your friends and family on Facebook too!
Sweet n Sour Chicken
- 2 lbs pork or chicken cooked or browned
- 1 cup pineapple or you can use 1 large can of pineapple
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 green pepper- chunked
- 1 large onion chunked
- 4 Tablespoon corn starch
- ⅓ cup white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Sauté chicken and onion just till onion starts to soften and chicken brown.
- Combine all except green pepper and cornstarch. Cook 10 minutes.
- Thicken with Cornstarch, then add green pepper. Cook until peppers are tender. The longer it simmers the better, great in dutch oven.
Pressure Cooker Instructions
- On sauté setting add chicken and onion. Saute just till onion starts to soften and chicken brown.
- Combine all except peppers and pineapple. Stir well.
- Add pineapple add green pepper.
- Close and seal, cook manual high 12 minutes. Let natural release.