Zoodles pad Thai is the perfect low carb meal. Zucchini noodles, that I like to call zoodles are the perfect alternative to pasta. You get your noodle fix with non of the carbs! Add a delicious sauce, shrimp, and peanuts for a Thai inspired dish with zero guilt.
I created my zucchini noodles using the KitchenAid 5 Blake Spiralizer with Peel, Core and Slice attachment for my KitchenAid Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer. This has been the funnest little gadget. You can core and peel apples, create shoestring fries, shred carrots – and so much more!
A Veggie Filled Meal
For this recipe I used:
- 5 zucchini
- 1/2 a head of napa cabbage
- fresh cilantro
- green onions
Including all of these greens really lightened up the dish and made it fresh and vibrant. Notice my black knife? This baby has been my bff lately. It’s the KitchenAid Ceramic 5′ Santoku. It is the perfect size for dinner prep!
Making your Zoodles Pad Thai
- Once your ingredients are prepped this dish comes together very fast!
- Add a few tablespoons of oil to your skillet (I’m using the KitchenAid Tri-Ply Copper 12′ Skillet) and cook your shrimp just until opaque.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add your zoodles and cabbage to the hot pan saute for about 2 minutes.
- Zucchini releases a lot of waters, so there is no need to add any. These zucchini noodles will soften up really quick.
- Push the noodles to the sides of the pan and crack 3 eggs into the center.
- Do a quick scramble and then toss with the zoodles until egg is set.
- Pour your prepared sauce into the pan and add the shrimp back in. T
- oss until sauce is warmed through.
- Remove the skillet from heat and add crushed peanuts, cilantro, and green onion.
- Serve Immediately.
This is the perfect lunch or quick dinner. It will satisfy your thai craving without all of the carbs!
Give Us Your Feedback!
If you tried this Zoodles Pad Thai Recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re up to!
Zoodles pad Thai is a healthy spin on the classic Thai dish. Enjoy all of the flavor with fewer carbs and no guilt.
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 6 medium zucchini spiralized
- 1/2 head of napa cabbage chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 eggs lightly scrambled
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 bunch of green onions sliced
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup of peanuts chopped
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- juice from one lime
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp garlic chili sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and cook about 1 minute each side until opaque and pink. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add zucchini noodles, cabbage, and garlic to the pan and saute for 2-3 minutes. Move cabbage and zucchini to the edges of pan.
- Add eggs to the center of pan and quick scramble until just set. Toss with zucchini and cabbage.
- Add shrimp sauce to the pan and toss to coat and heat through.
- Turn off heat and add cilantro, green onions, and peanuts. Serve immediately.
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients and whisk until combined.