I’m kind of a salad freak! It seriosuly is something I eat on a daily basis. My mom and I growing up would make salads for lunch every day and come up with new recipes often. This paticular one was always one of my favorites. It’s so simple, but can be a part of a fancy 5 course meal as well. The dressing is a lemon zest which gives the swiss cheese and toasted almonds a great flavor.
I love making my own dressings. I like to know exactly what I’m putting into my body and usually always have these particular ingredients on hand. Try this recipe for your next Sunday family dinner get together, it may become one of your favorites as well:)
This is my mom. Isn’t she beautiful?!
It's so simple, but can be a part of a fancy 5 course meal as well.
- 1 bag romaine lettuce
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 bag slivered toasted almonds
- 8 square slices of swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1-2 lemons for lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2/3 cup Canola oil
- Wash lettuce
- Halve cherry tomatoes
- Slice swiss cheese into 1 inch X 1/4 inch slices
- Set almonds aside. (If toasting, toast at 300 degrees for 15 minutes)
- Add above ingredients together.
- Add frozen peas
- In a blender add all dressing ingredients except canola oil (MUST BE CANOLA OIL)
- Add canola oil.
- Pour dressing onto salad
- Top salad off with fresh parmesan cheese