Smoked Leg of Lamb
This simple method for smoking lamb results in tender, juicy delicious Smoked Leg of Lamb each and every time.
Servings: 12 servings
- 3-4 lb leg of lamb
- 1 bottle zesty italian dressing
- 2 Tablespoon baharat seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon onion salt
- 1 Tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 Tablespoon coarse salt
Thaw your leg of lamb, in an air tight container pour bottle of zesty italain dressing over and close. Let marinate in dressing for at least 2-3 hours up to 24 hours.
After lamb has marinated in dressing remove from airtight container. In a small bowl combine seasonings, rub all over leg of lamb.
Preheat smoker to 225, place lamb on smoker. Add an additonal pan with water in smoker to help keep moister in the smoker and the meat from drying out.
Smoke lamb until the internal temp is at your desired temp.140: raw145: medium 150: well done
Remove from smoker when internal temp is reached. Let lamb rest for 20 minutes. If you will be resting for more than 20 minutes wrap in foil to keep warm.
- To make sure it's done correctly, use a thermometer to determine the doneness of the meat.
- Let the meat rest before slicing. This keeps the meat perfectly juicy and moist.
- For best flavor, marinate the leg of lamb for 24 hours.
- Store leftover smoked lamb in the refrigerator or freezer unsliced. This makes it easier to reheat without drying out the meat.
Serving: 4oz | Calories: 140kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 1975mg | Potassium: 222mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 7IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg