Albondigas Mexican Meatball Soup
Hearty potato and carrot, tangy tomato, fresh zucchini, and savory meatballs come together in this Albondigas Mexican Meatball Soup. Made in minutes in the pressure cooker, this homey soup is the perfect weeknight meal.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- ⅓ cup season bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 carrots diced
- 1 medium zucchini sliced
- 1 cup red potatoes diced
- 30 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 serano chili diced
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- 48 ounces chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- prepared meatballs
- salt and pepper to taste
- cilantro for garnish
- avocado for garnish
In a medium bowl combine all ingredients.
Using your hands, stir and squish until well combined. Roll into 1 ½ inch balls.
Place in your 8-quart Crock-Pot® Express Crisp Pressure Cooker. You can use the rack to create two layers of meatballs.
Cover with the crisping lid. Use the air fry setting and cook for 15 minutes.
Transfer to a plate while you prepare soup.
In your 8-quart Crock-Pot® Express Crisp Pressure Cooker, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Set to sear and add onions and garlic. Cook until translucent.
Add carrots, potatoes, serrano pepper, tomatoes, cilantro, meatballs, zucchini, broth and seasonings.
Cover with pressure cooker lid. Set valve to seal and cook on manual for 2 minutes. Use a quick release to release steam.
Taste broth and add salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with additional cilantro and avocado.
- In an 8qt dutch oven, brown meatballs in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Turn to brown all sides. Once all sides are browned transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Meatballs do not need to be cooked through - as they will continue cooking in soup.
- Add onions and garlic to your dutch oven and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, zucchini, serrano chili, seasonings, meatballs, and broth.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- Taste broth and add salt and pepper to taste.
Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 906mg | Potassium: 802mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 4889IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 3mg