Chocolate Crepes Recipe with Strawberries and Cream
Light, fluffy decadent chocolate crepes with strawberries and cream.
Servings: 12 crepes
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ C flour
- ¾ C milk
- ¾ C water
- ¼ C cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoon sugar
- 3 Tablespoon butter melted and cooled
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pint fresh strawberries hulled and sliced
- 2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
Start by whisking eggs and milk in a large bowl.
Add in remaining ingredients and whisk til throughly combined.
If desired pour through a fine strainer to get any clumps out.
Another option for making this is to add all ingredients to a blender and pulse til combined.
Using a shallow non-stick skillet, over medium heat, pour batter in about ⅓ C at a time.
Swirl batter to edges of pan to make a larger, thinner crepe.
Cook til middle is set, and flip.
Cook on the other side for only a few seconds.
Repeat the process til batter is gone.
Toss cut strawberries with lemon juice and brown sugar.
Allow to rest for 10 mins.
Sautee in skillet until strawberries a slightly softened.
Pour into a bowl and allow to cool and rest before garnishing your chocolate crepe.
you can find the cream filling recipe here!
Tips for Success:
- Use a shallow non-stick skillet. This is my favorite.
- When pouring the batter, use a measuring cup (about ⅓ for a 10" skillet ) to keep the proportions equal and mess-free.
- When the batter is in the pan, quickly tilt the pan to swirl the batter around. This spreads it out evenly into a large thin circle.
- Keep the pan at a medium heat, you want them to cook quickly but not burn the edges before the middle is done.
- Use a silicone spatula to flip. The silicone is soft and glides easily under the crepe.
- Don't attempt to flip until the middle is set, otherwise it will stick and rip.
- They cook quickly, don't walk away!
Calories: 145kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 103mg | Potassium: 150mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 196IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1mg