Homemade Root Beer
A fun homemade root beer drink that's great for parties or entertaining!
Servings: 4 8 oz cups
- 1 teaspoon Root beer Concentrate or 1 TBS Root Beer Extract
- 1 Cups Sugar
- 1 liter sparkling water can use regular if you dont want it carbonated
- 1-3 lbs dry ice
Add Rootbeer Concentrate, sugar and water into drink dispenser.
Stir for 2 minutes or more if not dissolved
Break dry ice into thirds.
Place first piece into rootbeer half an hour before serving
Periodically place remaining dry ice into drink dispenser as it starts it fog less.
CAUTION do not touch dry ice with bare skin, do not put dry ice into individual cups or allow pieces to fall into cups- you do NOT want it to touch any part of your body!!
HOW TO GET THE BEST SMOKEY ROOT BEER
DRY ICE will smoke the best when the root beer is warm, which why it is not recommended to chill the sparkling water if making a spooky halloween drink. You may notice after the dry ice has been in the container for a while it might not be smoking as much here are two solutions.
- Serve the root beer in batches. So when the dry ice has chilled one batch you can add some more room temp root beer to the bowl.
- Break up the dry ice and dont add it all at once. Just put one piece in at a time.
OTHER DRY ICE TIPS
- Never completely cover a container with dry ice. But keeping the root beer partially covered will help keep a little carbonation from the dry ice in the liquid.
- Store in a cooler with a towel covering it.
HOW LONG WILL DRY ICE STORE?
Dry ice does not store. Buy the dry ice the same day you are serving it. Dont place it in the freezer instead, place it in a cooler with a towel over it. Keep it in a cool place if possible. This will help your dry ice last longer.
Serving: 8oz | Calories: 194kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Sodium: 53mg | Sugar: 50g | Calcium: 13mg