INGREDIENTS FOR SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes (or yams!)
- sweetener - you can use either white or brown sugar or even maple syrup for this!
HOW TO MAKE SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE
Step 1. Peel and cut your potatoes. You want them to be about 2 inch cubes.
Step 2. Place them in a pot and bring to boil. Let them boil for about 15-20 minutes.
HOW TO MAKE SWEET POTATO PECAN CRUMBLE TOPPING
- brown sugar
- chopped pecans
- melted butter
In a small bowl combine all the ingredients
Evenly spread these over your sweet potatoes in the pan.
BAKE SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE
Bake the casserole only for about 20-25 minutes, just till it is warm through!
WHAT OTHER SIDES GO WITH THIS SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE WITH PECAN TOPPING
try some of our other favorites!
- Smoked Turkey
- Candied Bacon Green Beans
- Pressure Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- 5 minute garlic bacon Brussel Sprouts
KEEP IN TOUCH!
If you tried this homemade sweet potato recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Sweet Potato Casserole
- 3 lbs Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Cup Sugar can use brown sugar or maple syrup
- ½ Cup Butter softened
- ⅓ Cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans
- ½ Cup Flour
- ⅓ Cup Butter melted
- Rinse and peel sweet potatoes,then cut in to large chunks and boil in large pot of water.
- While boiling, beat 2 eggs in large bowl.
- Add in sugar, butter, milk, and vanilla.
- When potatoes are fork tender, strain and add to mixture. Use hand mixer to beat and combine.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Combine all ingredients for topping and sprinkle evenly over top.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degress for 20-25 mins.
Erin V says
this was so yummy at thanksgiving, we just had to have it again the next week.
Bethany Barrow says
This is my favorite of your recipes. I made it twice in the middle of the summer last year. It honestly makes my mouth water thinking of it.
Bethany!! I'm so glad you like it! I love it as well and definitely don't wait for Thanksgiving to make it :)