Why This Recipe Works
So what is a cold soup? Just what is sounds like! Cold soups are often served in the summer. These soups tend to be lighter than winter soups and typically contain less fat and meat per serving. Some popular soups include gazpacho, and chilled cucumber soup.
This Peach Chilled Soup comes off almost like a smoothie. The combination of the fruit, juice, and yogurt taste delicious together, and the flavor combination is refreshing. The best part of this recipe? You make it in the blender, so it is ideal for these long summer nights.
About The Ingredients
For this recipe you’ll need to add the following to your grocery list:
- Peaches – first and foremost you need peaches! I always prefer fresh, but if you get a hankering for this soup in the winter time you can always use canned. Replace the fresh peaches with a 15 oz can of peaches.
- Peach Mango Nectar – This is a pretty specific ingredient. You can normally find this in the juice aisle, and it is commonly packaged in aluminum cans.
How To Make This Recipe
1. In a blender jar, add peach nectar.
2. Add in yogurt.
3. Squeeze in 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice.
4. Add in cinnamon and honey.
5. Toss in sliced peaches.
6. Blend until smooth.
7. Chill for 2 hours. Serve in bowls and top with desired garnishes.
Chilled Soup FAQ
Chilled soups are properly called gazpacho, but that term has come to mean a chilled tomato soup. Chilled soups tend to be lighter than winter soups and typically contain less fat and meat per serving. Some popular soups include gazpacho, and chilled cucumber soup.
You can modify this recipe by including other fruits like raspberries and strawberries to the puree.
This soup will keep in the fridge, in an airtight container for 3-5 days.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy
- Pina Colada Smoothie Bowls – This smoothie bowl has a similar feel to this chilled soup. It is blended fruit with delicious toppings.
- Acai Bowl – I can’t get enough of this fresh breakfast option.
- Overnight Oats – If you enjoy a cold meal, these overnight oats are right up your alley!
Let’s Be Friends!
f you tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to.
Peach Chilled Soup
- 3 large fresh peaches
- 2 cups peach mango nectar
- 1/2 cup greek vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- garnishes of choice (yogurt, fruit, granola)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and puree.
- Chill for at least 1 hour. Serve well chilled and garnished as desired.