My children love steak. A favorite is to marinate and grill skewers. Its fast, easy and perfect for families (because they're already to serve in bite sized pieces when done!). We are always looking for new and different ways to cook and season our skewers. Marinade are perfect! We especially love this P.F. Chang’s® Home Menu Mongolian Style BBQ Sauce for our BBQ beef skewers and veggies bowls.
This post has been sponsored P.F. Chang's® Home Menu. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
How to make Mongolian BBQ Beef Skewers
Really, there is never a bad night to make these, but I especially like to grill up these skewers on nights I know I'm going to be especially busy. In the afternoon I'll cube my steak and start marinating it with a little rice vinegar and half of the bottle of the P.F. Chang’s® Home Menu Mongolian Style BBQ Sauce.
The vinegar is important because it acts as a tenderizer. If your out of rice vinegar a good red wine vinegar also will add an amazing flavor to your mongolian beef skewers.
After you have let the meat marinate for at least 30 minutes skewer them and grill. I love to add extra veggies, pepper and onions on my skewers. If you are accompanying the mongolian beef skewers with a veggie bowl as shown below then add peppers or a purple onion. It helps add flavor!
After you've grilled each side for a few minutes (more or less depending on your preference of doneness) brush another layer of that P.F. Chang’s® Home Menu Mongolian Style BBQ Sauce over the skewers and let rest.
How to make the Veggie Bowls
While the beef is cooking I always start my rice. I use my pressure cooker so its done really quick! On the stove top the veggies are done in just as much time as the skewers. Depending on your choice of veggies (yes, you can choose which ever are you favorites, or are in season) you'll only be cooking these bad boys for a few minutes also.
In a bit of oil, sauté the garlic and green onions. Add your veggies, a few TBS of soy sauce for flavor and salt and sauté just until they are crisp tender! You don't want them to be over done, keep a close eye on them.
Serve the veggies with your favorite rice and perfect seasoned mongolian beef skewers. If you are like my husband you will want to pour more if the P.F. Chang’s® Home Menu Mongolian Style BBQ Sauce all over your bowl- veggies, rice and all! So, maybe grab two bottles when you're at the store. You can pick up P.F. Chang’s® Home Menu Mongolian Style BBQ Sauce any Kroger store. Try it today and save $1.50 with this digital coupon at Ralphs. While supplies last. Click this coupon link at the end of this post to the entire Kroger Co Family of stores!
Mongolian BBQ Beef Skewers & Veggie Bowls
- 1 bottle PF Chang's® Home Menu Mongolian BBQ Style sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 pounds cubed steak
- ½ purple onion
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 yellow squash chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 celery chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 green onions diced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoon avocado oil/olive oil
- rice cooked
- In a separate bowl or gallon bag place cubed steak. Add vinegar and stir, add ½ bottle of the P.F. Chang’s®Home Menu Mongolian BBQ Style Sauce. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Skewer steak with purple onion.
- Grill steak on each side to desired doneness.
- Brush additional P.F. Chang’s® Home Menu Mongolian BBQ Sauce on skewers when finished, cover with foil and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes. Serve with veggies and rice.
- In a saute pan heat oil. Add garlic and green onions, saute for 1 minute, add carrots and celery. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Add squash, zucchini and soy sauce. Cook until veggies are crisp tender. Stirring often.