Homemade fruit leather has become a fast favorite around our house. It is so easy, and the combinations are endless. I hope you all have been enjoying our Summer Snack Series here on Oh So.
Today I want to share one of our very favorite fruit leather combos - mango lime.
Years ago I was told to always eat mango with a squeeze of lime - and oh boy that was such good advice. It is such a nice combo - the sweet with the tart is a party on your tongue. So - of course I put this combo into a fruit leather!
You'll be stealing this from your kids' lunch boxes after you try this easy easy recipe!
Mango Lime Fruit Leather
- 8 mangos
- 2 limes
- honey to taste
- Peal and dice mangos.
- Zest both limes, and juice both limes.
- Combine mangos, lime zest, and lime juice in a blender and puree.
- Taste mixture, and if too tart - add 1 tablespoon honey, blend, and taste again. Add honey until desired sweetness is reached.
- Transfer to dehydrator fruit leather trays or to a baking sheet lined with a silpat. Spread until just past transparent.
- Set dehydrator to medium heat and dry for 6-9 hours, checking at 5. If using an oven, set to lowest temp available and prop open oven door with a wooden spoon. Bake for 3-6 hours, checking at 2.
- when dry, cut into strips and roll in parchment paper. Store in an airtight container.
Erin V says
color's perf for summer- so good!