I love ice cold juice full of sweet ripe fruit, loads of veggies and all the delicious nutrients we need. I've come to love a few different fruit combinations, but you can totally combine your own recipes- I'm sharing a few different juicing recipes and tips to help you succeed at juicing!
After reading for a bit I tried it out. It was SO easy and nice. Clean up was a breeze too. (Read on- I talk more about this below.) If you are wondering what kind to get I highly recommend this one. I did do a lot of research on what would be the best- and Jack Lalanne's definitely have the best reviews.
1. Keep the colors together, greens with the greens, reds with the reds, oranges with the oranges for the best tasting juice. But if you so desire you can really throw anything together. Sometimes (as shown below) I'll throw in a kale with my oranges because well you can't taste it and I want those health benefits.
2. Is it as messy as people warned me? No way. Is it messy- yeah a little, but a normal mess nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe its just this machine that is amazing (I suspect they have improved it over the years). It was easy to rinse this baby out after using it.
3. A beautiful thing about Juicing (unlike smoothies- because they don't have a consistency issue) is you can make them ahead. Get your produce, make a handful of juices and store them in large (wide-mouth are my fav) mason jars the fridge. You can even put the juice in ice cube trays and freeze them. Then throw that into your smoothies or shakes.
So here are 4 of my favorite combos
Beets and Berries
I love beats lately! If you're not a beet fan don't worry can't even taste them with the strong flavors of berries, but you get their nutrition. This juice tastes like raspberries.
- 1 beet
- 2 apples (cored)
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 kale leaves (or beet leaves)
- *handful of cherries if in season! so good!
tip: cut the apple up and do pieces of it with the Kale and the raspberries. Applies are REALLY juicy, Kale is not. So the liquid from the apple helps to move those veggie along and get the most nutrients out of them.
Green Power Juice
This one is SO refreshing.
- ½ cucumber
- 2 pears
- 1 celery
- small handful of spinach
- optional 1 lemon (peeled) for a dash of tartness.½ Cucumber
- ½ pineapple
- 1 kale leaf
- 1 orange (add more if you want!)
- 1 mango
Carrot Ginger Orange (Kadee's Favorite recipe)
- 1 Orange
- 1 apple
- ½ inch fresh ginger
- 2 large carrots
Home Plix says
Wow! amazing juicing tips. Really helpful recipe. Thanks for sharing such an awesome post.
Hi Desarae, My husband and I only started juicing a few months ago, do you have any recommendations on what juicer works best for these recipes? Thanks, Mary.
I have only tried Jack La La Lane, and love it!
Becky Fuller says
Question: You are using a juicer. I have a NutriBullet in motorhome. No room for a juicer. As for the beets, do you peel and use only raw beet? Or? Thank you.