What Is Chipotle Salsa Made Of?
- canned fire roasted tomatoes
- roma tomatoes
- canned chipotle peppers
How Do I Make This Chipotle Salsa Recipe?
- Add canned fire roasted tomatoes to your blender jar.
- Add roma tomatoes.
- Add jalapeño.
- Add onion.
- Add garlic.
- Add chipotle pepper.
- Add adobo sauce.
- Add cilantro.
- Add lime juice.
- Add salt.
- Blend until smooth.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
What Kind of Tomatoes Are Good for Tomatoes?
Look for a tomato that doesn't have a lot of seeds - that's why I like to use Roma Tomatoes. San Marzano tomotoes are also a good option.
How Long Does Chipotle Salsa Keep?
Leftovers will keep in an airtight container for about a week in the fridge. This is a fresh salsa, not a canned salsa - so make sure you store it in the refrigerator.
We Want Your Feedback!
If you tried this chipotle salsa recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t be shy! Let us know! Rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Homemade Chipotle Salsa
- 14 ounces fire roasted tomatoes canned
- 3 Roma Tomatoes
- 1 Onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 whole jalapeno seeds removed
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo plus 2 tablespoon of the adobo sauce
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 lime
- salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree.
- Transfer to a container and refrigerate.