A delicious and indulgent eclair pie made with a creamy vanilla custard and chocolate topping. This dessert is so much fun and guaranteed to be loved by the whole family.
What Is An Eclair Pie?
An Eclair Pie is an easy no-bake dessert meant to taste like an eclair. What is an eclair you ask? And eclair is a French pastry filled with custard and topped with chocolate. The word éclair is a French word meaning "lightning" or "flash of lightning." No one is sure why a pastry was named after lightning. Maybe the lightness of the pastry and soft filling?
What Do I Need To Make Eclair Pie
This delicious no-bake recipe only requires a handful of ingredients:
- graham crackers
- whipping cream
- vanilla instant pudding
- cold milk
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
Tell Me How To Make Eclair Pie!
This dessert is a cinch to whip up!
1. Start by making your instant pudding. Combine the pudding mix and COLD milk.
2. Beat with a hand or stand mixer for 5 minutes until you have soft set pudding. Transfer pudding to a large bowl.
3. Combine whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla.
4. Using a hand or stand mixer whip until your whipped cream forms stiff peaks..
5. Transfer whipped cream to the bowl containing pudding, and fold together gently until combined.
6. In a 9x13 pan - lay graham crackers in a single layer to cover the entire bottom. You may have to break a few crackers apart to cover the bottom.
7. Spread half of the pudding mixture over the graham crackers.
8. Add another layer of graham crackers on top of the pudding mixture.
9. Add remaining pudding mixture on top of graham crackers.
10. Add a third layer of graham crackers.
11. For chocolate topping - add ¾ cup whipping cream to a saucepan. Bring to a simmer.
12. Remove from heat and add semi sweet chocolate chips. Let sit for 5 minutes.
13. Stir until all chocolate chips are melted and mixture is shiny.
14. Pour chocolate mixture atop graham cracker layer and spread to cover the entire top.
15. Chill dessert for 8 hours, or overnight.
How Long Does Eclair Pie Last In The Fridge?
You can keep this eclair pie, covered, in the fridge for 7 days. But it likely will not last that long.
Serve this dessert cut into squares. And don't forget your glass of milk!
Eclair Pie Occassions
Eclair Pie is perfect for:
- a baby shower
- a barbecue
- girls night
- family dinner
- and other time you want an amazing dessert!
Let Us Know What You Think!
If you tried this Eclair Pie or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
- 1 box box Graham Crackers
- 1 box Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
- 3 Cups Cold Milk
- 1 ½ Cups Whipping Cream
- 4 ½ tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 12 ounces Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ¾ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- In a Mixer, combine Vanilla Instant pudding mix and COLD milk. Beat for 5 minutes until you have a soft set pudding. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Combine whipping cream, sugar and vanilla. Beat at medium/high speed until it creats stiff peaks. Fold the whipped cream into the pudding until combined. Set aside.
- Layer the bottom of a 9x13 pan with graham crackers (you may need to break some up to fill in the spaces).
- Pour half the pudding mixture on top of the graham crackers. Add another layer of graham crackers. Pour the other half of the pudding mixture on top. Add another layer of graham crackers.
- Heat the heavy cream in saucepan. When it comes just to a simmer, remove from heat. Add chocolate chips and let sit 5 minutes. Stir until all chocolate chips are melted and mixture is shiny. Pour the chocolate mixture on top of the graham crackers.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours, or overnight..
In the ingredients it has whipping cream listed twice. It would be helpful to have the full amount listed then in the directions state how much for each time it is used. Also it only say a bag of semi sweet chocolate chips. What size bag would be helpful.
Thank you for your feedback. We will adjust the recipe.
REBEKAH OTTO says
I don't see a recipe adj for the size of bag of chocolate chips. I have a 24oz bag, but that seems like too much
You'll need 12oz for this recipe.
one of my favorites from my childhood! thank you!
Rose Rodier says
I can't wait to try this. It sounds delicious!
OMG, I sprinkle crackers with Sailor Jerry RUM !!! Yummy!!! Thank you!!!
Donna Grimes says
I will make this because it sounds very good. Thank you.