This cream filling is the ultimate cream filling. It's rich and creamy, without being too sweet. Perfect filling for pastries, trifles, cakes or any other cream filling dreams you have. It's also a staple for these Chocolate Crepes. This recipe is also one of our top 5 recipe on our blog- for a reason! Make this bad boy today and you'll see why!
Ingredients for your cream filling.
You will need:
- whipping cream
- a couple of tablespoons of powder sugar
- and a small box of instant vanilla pudding. 3.4 oz.
How to Make Your Cream Filling
To start you will also need to use a KitchenAid or a handheld mixer. Add your powder sugar to your cream while mixing. Mix for a few minutes to thicken up your cream.
Then slowly add your box of vanilla pudding. It' will start to get bubbly and light.
It will quickly thicken. At this point it will still be a little grainy, and lots of air pockets- It'll probably look like this:
Let it beat for about 30 seconds more, it will smooth out and the pudding will dissolve. It's done! You don't want to keep beating and over beat it. Once it is smooth and creamy stop the beater.
Do I need to refrigerate cream filling?
Yes, because it is made with milk product keep it in the fridge. You can store it in an air tight container, or in pastry bags ready to pipe until you can add it to your desserts!
Do I need to refridgerate my pastries and cakes after the cream filling is in?
If your dessert will not be eaten within a few hours of making I recommend refrigerating it. Especially if it needs to sit over night or a few days.
Ways To Use This Recipe
- Use to fill cream puffs
- Makes a delicious frosting for sheet cakes and cupcakes
- Layers in cakes, or piped into cupcakes
- Use to fill pastries and chox buns
- Use it with pancakes, waffles, french toast (stuff the french toast!) or these delicious chocolate crepes!
Let us know your thoughts, questions and if you liked the recipe!
If you tried this Cream Filling Recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
- 2 cup Whipping Cream not whipped cream
- 2 tablespoon Powder Sugar
- 3.4 ounces Instant Vanilla Pudding 1 small box
- Start whipping the whipping cream with electric mixer on high.
- Add in the powder sugar.
- As it starts to thicken, add in the powder vanilla pudding.
- Continue mixing till smooth and creamy.
- Keep your cream filling refrigerated