This Cream Cheese Clam Dip will convert even the most ant-fish eaters out there. Smooth cream cheese, tangy Worchershire, fresh green onion, and hearty clam come together for a delicious dip. Chips, bread, and veggies alike all make perfect dippers for this crowd pleaser!
What Do I Need To Make Cream Cheese Clam Dip?
- cream cheese
- canned minced clams
- Worchershire sauce
- dried parsley
- green onions
- season salt
- lemon juice
How Do You Make Cream Cheese Clam Dip?
Start by making fresh bread. I used this recipe, Easy French Bread (it really is super easy) which makes two bread bowls. Or use one loaf to cradle the dip and the second loaf as extra bread pieces. You can also buy a nice roundish loaf of store bought french bread or sourdough.
For The Dip:
- Whip cream cheese with a stand mixer until it is softened.
- Add in remaining ingredients to the creamed cream cheese.
- Mix until smooth.
- Transfer to your bread bowl, cover with foil, and bake. Serve with desired dippers.
Pro Tip- if you want the clams to be undetectable put them in a blender with the clam juice the recipe calls for and pulse a couple of times.
How Long Does Cream Cheese Clam Dip Last?
This dip will keep in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 3-4 days. That is - if it isn't eaten up before that!
What Should I Serve With This Dip?
Traditionally, clam dip is served with:
- potato chips
- fresh veggies
LET’S BE BFFS
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to! And don’t forget to pin this recipe to save for later.
Cream Cheese Clam Dip
- 13 ounces canned clams minced
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- ⅓ cup clam juice reserved from the can
- 4 green onions diced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ lemon juiced
- Place all ingredients in bowl and mix with an electric mixer till cream cheese if fluffy, about 1-2 minutes. (if you want your clams totally undetectable you can pulse them in the blender a few times with the ⅓ clam juice reserved from the can)
- From a bread loaf (rye, sourdough or any kind) hollow out the middle, saving the top, and fill in with the cream cheese dip.
- Cover with bread top, and wrap with foil.
- Place in 325 oven for 20-30 minutes or until hot.
- Served with toasted bread that has been cut into one inch pieces. Can also serve with veggies or crackers.
Emily Kemp says
This sounds so good, I've never tried using clams in a dip before. Definitely trying this!
you forgot to say cream cheese in your ingredients.
It is listed- its the second ingredient on the list. :)