I make this hot spiced cranberry cider every year. It’s perfect for the cooler months. Delicious cranberry juice, sweet apple juice, brown sugar, cloves and cinnamon. It’s so easy but taste so gourmet no one would believe how simple it is.
WAYS TO MAKE SPICED CRANBERRY CIDER
You can make this a few different ways. The key is to make sure the spices are infused into the juices.
- simmer on the stove-top
- pressure cooker
MATERIALS NEEDED TO MAKE CRANBERRY CIDER
You will need your form of cooking – so either a large stock pot or your cooker. While you can put in whole cloves in as is I recommend using cheesecloth, tea bag or a tea strainer to hold them together in the pot. This allows the flavor to seep throughout the cider without having to strain the cider after.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR CIDER
- Cranberry juice
- Apple juice
- brown sugar
- cinnamon sticks
- whole cloves
MAKING YOUR CRANBERRY SPICED CIDER
I’m telling you its ridiculously easy! (yay right?) Simple combine all the ingredients and simmer….
Add you juices, brown sugar and cinnamon sticks.
CAN I SUBSTITUTE CINNAMON STICKS FOR GROUND CINNAMON?
Yeah, it will work, but it won’t have the same delicious earthy flavor as a simmered cinnamon stick. \
WHERE CAN I FIND CINNAMON STICKS?
You can usually find cinnamon sticks 1 of two places in your grocery store.
- 1.They will be in your spice isle where the bottle will look similar to mine.
- 2. Check in by the mexican spices. They are often in clear plastic bags with paper tabs.
- 3. I love grabbing mine at costco, a wholesale store. They come longer skinnier and have the best price.
WHERE CAN I FIND WHOLE CLOVES?
I have not had a hard time finding whole cloves, thank goodness! They also are at your grocery store spice isle.
NEXT add your cloves and stir.
COOKING IT IN THE PRESSURE COOKER
If you are pressure cooking your cranberry cider you can cook it on high for 15 minutes and let it natural release. If your pressure cooker has a slow cook function let it cook like a slow-cooker.
COOKING IN THE SLOW-COOKER
Combine all the ingredients and let cook on low for 4-6 hours.
SIMMERING ON THE STOVE
In a large stock pot combine all the ingredients and bring to a bowl then turn down and let simmer on low for about 2+ hours.
We Want To Hear From You!
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Cranberry Spiced Cider
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 Tablespoon whole cloves
- 8 cups cranberry juice
- 6 cups apple juice
- *optional- Cheesecloth or tea strainer
- combine and stir all ingredients COOKING IT IN THE PRESSURE COOKERIf you are pressure cooking your cranberry cider you can cook it on high for 15 minutes and let it natural release. If your pressure cooker has a slow cook function let it cook like a slow-cooker. COOKING IN THE SLOW-COOKERCombine all the ingredients and let cook on low for 3-6 hours. SIMMERING ON THE STOVEIn a large stock pot combine all the ingredients and bring to a bowl then turn down and let simmer on low for about 2+ hours.SERVE HOTThis drink is a hot drink, meant to be served warm to your friends.
- *you may put cloves in cheese cloth or tea strainer to make serving easier. Or strain before serving.
CAN I SUBSTITUTE CINNAMON STICKS FOR GROUND CINNAMON?Yeah, it will work, but it won't have the same delicious earthy flavor as a simmered cinnamon stick.