The combination of warm chilis, tangy lime juice and hint of sweet honey is one of the best in the world! This recipe chili lime chicken tacos recipe is a copycat of a popular restaurant here in southern California, called Wahoo’s Tacos. I LOVE the combination of the grilled chicken, crunchy slaw and a flavor combination to boot. Liven up your taco tuesday with these bad boys!
HOW TO MAKE CHILI LIME CHICKEN TACOS
STEP 1. Starts with your chicken!!
HOW TO MAKE CHILI LIME CHICKEN
First were going to start with marinating our chicken. Ingredients you will need for this is
- sriracha sauce
- chili powder
- soy sauce (remember if you are serving to someone Gluten Free to use a GF soy sauce)
- onion salt
Zest your lime and mix everything together in a bowl.
In an air tight container, or in a plastic bag, place your chicken breast and marinade together. Let them marinate for at least an hour up to 24 hours.
Grill your chicken until the internal temperature reaches 168 degrees! Take it off the grill and let it rest for about 10 minutes. Slice and you’re ALMOST ready to serve your tacos.
HOW TO MAKE THE CITRUS SLAW!
The second most important part of these tacos is the crunchy crispy slaw that goes on top! It’s seriously my favorite part and ridiculously easy to make.
I love to use a bag of slaw with all thing- carrots and purple cabbage in it. If you can’t find this in your store than buy the ingredient separate and chop them up.
Mix everything together and top it with the dressing!!
ASSEMBLE CHILI LIME CHICKEN TACOS
In your corn tortillas layer your chicken and top generously with the slaw!!
Keep in touch!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Chili Lime Chicken Tacos
Chili Lime Chicken
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 Large garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- juice of two limes
- zest of two limes
- 1 heaping TBS of Siracha Chili Sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Lime edges for topping
- 1 cup green cabbage or three cups of bagged slaw
- 1 cup purple cabbage
- 1 carrot julienne cut
- 1 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 1 juice of lemon
- 1 juice of lime
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
Chili lime chicken instructions
- Chop garlic, and mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Marinate thawed chicken for few hours up to overnight.
- Grill chicken after marinating until done. Let rest and chop. Serve with on tortillas, with Citrus Salsa, avocado, pico de gallo and fresh lime slices
citrus slaw instructions
- chop cabbage, onion, carrot, cilantro, combine in large bowl.In a small bowl mix mayo, lemon, lime salt and pepper.Stir together and let rest for 30 minutes. top on your favorite taco with pico de gallo.