My favorite way to eat sweet potatoes are in fry form. I love sweet potatoes in all forms with all sorts of different spices and especially with THIS lime cilantro dip. Sprialize a few sweet potatoes, toss in oil (avocado is my favorite) and seasoning salts and toss in the oven. Out comes delicious, baked curly sweet potatoes.
This KitchenAid Sprializer is my new favorite kitchen tool, along with the KitchenAid MINI! We've been on a zoodles and apples kick but now we've moved on to sweet potatoes. Well, we still have to slice some apples with it every.single.time we pull the spiralizer out.
I used the largest spiralizer tool to spiralize these potatoes into curly fries.
I also really love these new sheet pans, I have them with red trim and this black one shown. They're so much more beautiful than those plain, easily-stained traditional sheet cake pans. This one is enameled and cleans up so easily. I do use parchment paper to help keep the potatoes from sticking. There will still be some areas where the sugars and oils caramelize on the pan. This pan cleans up so well.
I like to bake my sweet potatoes at a high oven temp. It helps them to not only cook faster, but to help the ends to crisp up. Since we are not frying the potatoes, they will not be really crispy. They will mostly still be soft. If you set the fries on a cookie cooling rack, it helps them crisp up even more.
Now, on to the
Cilantro Lime Dip
It's the easiest cilantro lime dip you'll ever make, but it pairs so perfectly with the baked sweet potatoes. It's creamy, smooth, a little tart and with a nice, spiced savory flavor that compliments the sweet saltiness of the baked curly sweet potatoes.
Baked Curly Sweet Potatoes
- 3-4 sweet potatoes
- avocado oil
- seasoning salt
- parchment paper
- 2 cups sour cream
- ½ lime juiced
- ½ bunch of cilantro chopped
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Peel sweet potatoes and spiralize.
- Place parchment paper on sheet pan, and place potatoes on paper.
- Lightly drizzle oil over the sweet potatoes and sprinkle seasoning salts over.
- Toss until well covered.
- Bake at 425 until fork tender.
- *For extra crispiness, broil for a few minutes. Or place potatoes on cooling rack immediately after removing from oven.
- In separate bowl, mix together sour cream, lime juice, cilantro, cumin, then serve alongside sweet potatoes for dipping.
Emily Kemp says
What a great idea for making curly fries healthier!