Almond joy brownies - classic brownies with a candy bar twist. Use a box mix as your base and turn up the volume with coconut and chocolate topping.
What Are Almond Joy Brownies?
Almond Joy brownies are a delicious twist on classic brownies. We've added a layer of almond cream and topped them off with chocolate ganache. You will die when you taste these!
What Do I Need To Make Almond Joy Brownies?
- 1 brownie mix + required ingredients
- sweetened coconut flakes
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- vanilla extract
- coconut extract
- whipping cream
- dark chocolate chips
How Do You Make Almond Joy Brownies?
Using A Thermometer When Baking
The Coconut Filling
The Chocolate Topping
To make a thinner layer of chocolate, decrease chocolate chips and whipping cream with a ratio of 1 package chocolate chips to 1 c cream. Intensity of chocolate chips is also optional (dark, semi-sweet, milk), as well as adding chopped almonds to the brownie batter.
A Decadent Treat
Get your ice-cold milk ready. These babies are supremely rich. I actually don't even drink milk, I prefer cold water after cake and ice cream and anything else that leaves one hankering for a glass of milk. Is that gross?
Chill your brownies. Run your sharp knife under hot water before slicing, and wipe it off between slices. TRUST ME.
GIVE US YOUR FEEDBACK!
If you tried these Almond Joy Brownies or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to!
Almond Joy Brownies
- 1 box brownie mix plus required ingredients
- ⅓ cup chopped almonds optional
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Make brownies in 8x8 pan according to box directions, adding optional ⅓ c chopped almonds to batter. Do not overbake. Let cool.
- Whip cream cheese in stand mixer until fluffy, about 1 minute. Add 1 c coconut, mix well. Pour in powdered sugar and slowly start mixer. Mix to incorporate well. Add in vanilla extract, coconut extract, and salt. Scoop out and spread evenly over cooled brownies.
- Add 16 whole almonds to the top of the coconut layer, so that each brownie has one.
- Heat cream in heavy saucepan over low-medium heat. Once cream has been steaming for several minutes, whisking constantly, remove from heat. Pour in chocolate chips. Let stand 5 minutes. Whisk together until chocolate has melted and ganache is smooth and shiny. Pour over cream cheese layer
- Chill in refrigerator several hours.
- Cut using sharp knife, ran under hot water, and cleaned between slices.
Do these need to be kept refrigerated at all times? They sound amazing!
No they do not, but I prefer to serve them chilled.
Brenda Crouch says
What size cream cheese do you use? I am assuming 8 oz.
Yes - 8 oz
Erin V says
Good for all this halloween candy we're gonna be reeling in soon!
OMG! These sound amazing! My husband is going to love these!!