A copycat for the delicious Chick-Fil-A watermelon mint lemonade. With a summer weather upon us – there is really nothing like a nice cold glass of refreshing lemonade – and let me tell you, the mint-infused simple syrup makes this drink extra delicious! Made in your blender, this easy recipe will hit the spot without breaking a sweat.
What Do I Need To Make This Chick-Fil-A Copycat?
- fresh mint
How Do You Make Watermelon Mint Lemonade?
I started this recipe by creating a simple syrup infused with mint leaves. A simple syrup us a cinch to make and the base of tons of drinks. And the addition of the mint will make this simple syrup smell like a dream! Let me tell you all about it:
- Combine water, sugar, and mint in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat until sugar is melted. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Strain the simple syrup through a fine mesh strainer to remove the mint leaves. You’ll be left with a to-die-for mint simple syrup.
- Combine watermelon, lemons (rind removed), ice, water, and simple syrup in a blender.
- If using a Blendtec – select the whole juice setting. If using another blender – blend until completely smooth. I used my Blendtec to create this lemonade. The whole juice setting is amazing and makes homemade lemonade the easiest thing ever.
- Serve over ice.
Pro Tip: Forget juicing those lemons! Just remove the rind and throw them in whole! Having a fresh whole juice with ripe water melon and tangy lemons is going to knock your socks off. Say goodbye to that powdered stuff.
How Long Does Homemade Lemonade Last?
The lemonade will last about 2 weeks in your fridge. You can also freeze homemade lemonade! It will keep in your freezer for about 3 months.
Skip The Drive Thru
With this recipe – I promise you will never miss the drink served at Chick-Fil-A. This recipe is even better than the one the restaurant sells. This simple recipe is one that even the greenest of chefs can whip up with excellent results. Go now – make this delicious drink!
LEAVE US A COMMENT!
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave us a comment below. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what else we’re getting up to! And don’t forget to pin this recipe to save for later.
With a summer weather upon us - there is really nothing like a nice cold glass of refreshing lemonade - and let me tell you, the mint-infused simple syrup makes this drink extra delicious!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup of mint leaves
- 4 cups watermelon cubed
- 4 lemons peeled
- 1 cup mint-infused simple syrup
- 1 cups water
- 1 cup ice
In a small sauce pan combine water, sugar, and mint leaves.
Bring to a simmer and simmer 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and let cool completely. Strain to remove mint leaves.
Transfer to an airtight container.
In a blender combine watermelon, lemons, simple syrup, and water.
Use whole juice setting to blend.
Serve over ice.