It is the season where a warm beverage is the perfect addition to a hay ride, trick or treating, or snuggling up with a movie. This classic Wassail is so simple and will make your house smell like heaven.
A friend gave me this recipe after I drank about a gallon of it at an event. Something about this simple combo of flavors is addicting and delicious.
If you prefer to wrap the spices in cheesecloth rather than steeping them loose, that works great! I tend to just pour mine thru a colander when it is done simmering.
This is the perfect fall addition to your traditions.
Shop the post:
- 1 Gallon Apple Juice or Apple Cider
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 orange, sliced
- 2 tsp whole cloves
- 2 tsp whole allspice
- 3 sticks cinnamon
- 2 whole nutmeg
- Mix cider, orange juice concentrate and sugar in a large pot.
- Add orange slices and spices, stir to combine.
- Heat just to boiling, the reduce to low and steep 1 hour.
- Remove spices by pouring mixture through a colander.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
- Leave orange slices in.