Who doesn’t love grilled cheese? I often order grilled cheese from restaurants because I love them so much…But sometimes I remember I’m an adult and like colorful foods. SO instead of just bread and cheese, I’ll make a gourmet grilled cheese to satisfy my inner child, but also conform to my adult palate.
I love this recipe because it’s fast and easy, yet tastes like you spent a lot of time preparing. There are six total ingredients, MOST of which I almost always have on hand (which is perfect because I seem to grocery shop less frequently these days).
I use goat cheese in this particular grilled cheese because A. I love it and B. it melts so nicely into the pesto spread. Goat cheese and pesto make a great flavor combination. If you like flavor and grilled cheese, THIS is for you!
- 2 slices of sourdough bread
- 1 pkg. goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tomato,, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 can of pesto
- Butter one side of each slice of bread
- Place on non-stick pan and place buttered side down.
- Spread a layer of pesto onto the slice of bread on pan.
- Sprinkle goat cheese on top of pesto
- Place three slices of yellow pepper on top of goat cheese
- Place 3-4 thin slices of red onion on top of pepper
- Place 2nd piece of bread butter side out on top of sandwich.
- cook until golden brown on each side on medium heat.