Oh Cherie I LOVE tacos. we I eat a lot of tacos.
Lets talk about Tacos. Typically, our tacos have meat.correct? That’s always a constant. You can have flour or corn tortillas. cheese or no cheese. no salsa, or extra sour cream, but chicken, pork or carne asada- that is what we love! its our special somthin’somthin’ on that taco.
well, the guacamole is pretty important too.
Lets talk about how we flava that meat.
I have TWO things to discuss. cause there are two different kinds of meat. Whole pieces of meat (ie steak, chicken breast) and Ground meat.
I am a meat eater. always have been. Just don’t love the breads and the pastas, but give me a steak or some fried chicken and potatoes-and oh, of course, a veggie (my mom raised us right, we love our greens)- and call my night complete.
Being a carnivore. meat eater. lover of animals dead or alive did I just say that? I have always found the art of cooking the perfect piece of meat interesting. I always paid close attention to chefs, and tv shows. And really I have learned 2 important bits of information.
1. you can season your steak anyway you want. you just need to make sure and add salt, and an acidic liquid to tenderize. (OR you can cook it for a really long time on a low heat)
acidic things…maybe– citrus juice. any kind of vinegars. I especially love red wine vinegar on my steak.
However Last week I had one of the best steaks of my life. My Columbian friend made it for me.
She used 3 ingredients. ONLY 3
(you can use this for chicken or fish, but do not marinate for very long)
1. fresh (from her tree) lemon juice natural tenderizer
2. Salt. (lots of salt) seasons and enhances the flavor.
3. Garlic. lots of Fresh garlic.
marinate for 2-3 hours in a gallon bag. flipping occasionally.
Grill. Flipping once. maybe twice.
out of the 6 adults no one wanted BBQ sauce or extra salt. it was amazing. ah- mazing people. Tonight I made it for tacos, and it turned out beautiful.
this is the golden marinade.
try it for your Carne Asada.
Taco MEAT numero DOS:: the ground up meat.
Are you one who buys that packet of taco seasoning?
I’m very sorry. but you are wasting time, money and adding nasty things to your body.
… lets prove it.
- Ingredients for Marinade- for chicken, fish or steak
- 1. fresh (from her tree) lemon juice natural tenderizer
- 2. Salt. (lots of salt) seasons and enhances the flavor.
- 3. Garlic. lots of Fresh garlic.
- marinate for 2-3 hours in a gallon bag. flipping occasionally.
- Ingredients for Ground beef or turkey
- 1 lbs ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 a small onion diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Instructions for Marinade:
- 1.Marinate for 2-3 hours, in a gallon bag. flipping occasionally.
- 2.Grill. or place under broiler
- Instructions for Ground Meat:
- 1. Brown beef or turkey in skillet with seasonings.
- 2. Drain excess fat.
- 3. Add in optional veggies and cheese. Heat through.