This was our book club late night snack a few months back. We all loved it and begged Melissa for the recipe, which she graciously handed over. I have not been graciously accepting over black beans in my past, but this salsa turned me into a lover. It’s sweet and savory elements combine perfectly. You mouth and friend you feed this too will be going crazy over it.
It’s quite easy to make. All it takes it a little chopping and stirring!
Serve it as is with some of your favorite brand of corn chips, or put it on top of your tacos or nachos!
- 2 cans of black beans (drained)
- 1 can of corn (drained)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (you can use plain or fire roasted is also good) OR 2 ripe tomatoes diced
- 1 diced avocado
- 1 diced mango (pineapple is also great if you don't have mango)
- chopped cilantro (about 1/2 a bunch)
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of Italian Dressing
- 1/4 of a large purple onion
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with garlic salt and stir.
- Great with scoop chips! Enjoy!! Store in an airtight container in refrigerator. Stores well for a few days.