Well this dessert is going to rock your socks! Simple enough to whip up the morning before your barbecue, yet delicious enough to make everyone go back for seconds. I recently made this fresh strawberry pie for some neighbors we had over for dessert. Their cute little boy ate it up and kept asking for more. Licking his lips he said, “Oh this is good! Mom will you please get the recipe?” I was flattered of course, but then again I knew it would be good!
And if your wondering if this is the same strawberry pie recipe we have had on our site for a few years, it is! I simply updated the pictures and tried it out with a new cream cheese layer… which was uh-mazing! Seriously you guys, I can’t get over it. It was so dang good! Everyone knows that strawberries and cream are besties so adding the cream cheese layer was a no-brainer! Of course it is full of delectable calories, but it is also optional!
Recipe for this thick graham cracker crust will be up soon! Bake up a yummy graham cracker crust (or whatever crust you desire!), smooth over the cream cheese mixture, the pour in the strawberries. Adding the cream cheese layer leaves less room for the strawberries, so you might even be able to get 2 pies! Depending on the size/amount of your strawberries of course. When the layers are assembled, let the pie setup up in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
Just a side note.. you can easily replace peaches for strawberries (also amazing!).
- 1 3/4 c water
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 1/4 c corn starch
- pinch of salt
- 1 (3oz) pkg Strawberry Jell-O (Substitute with peach Jell-O when using peaches)
- 3+ C sliced fresh strawberries (the more the better)
- 1 Graham Cracker Crust
- Whipped Cream for topping
- 1 pkg Cream Cheese at room temperature
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 C granulated Sugar
- In a saucepan combine water, sugar, cornstarch, and salt.
- On medium-high, cook until thick and clear.
- Add Jell-O packet and stir well.
- Take off heat and let cool.
- If using cream cheese layer, whip cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a stand up mixer until creamy and smooth.
- Spread into pie crust.
- Pile sliced strawberries on to cream cheese layer or pie crust.
- Pile them as high as you can.
- Pour cooled jello mixture over strawberries, until it reaches just below the top edge of the crust.
- Refrigerate 4-6 hours to set. Top with Cool Whip to serve! Enjoy!!