And look at those colors, the earthy mushrooms and lean asparagus make for a beautiful side dish. This is great when paired with baked potatoes, rice, or grilled meats. So much flavor this dish really stands out.
- 20 oz asparagus (3 cups)
- 2 tbsp butter (+some olive oil)
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds
- 1/2 c sliced waterchest nuts (opt)
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- mushrooms and/or green onions (opt)
- Cut asparagus into 1" pieces.
- Melt butter in frying pan.
- Cook almonds until toasted. Remove almonds and set aside.
- Add asparagus, waterchest nuts, mushrooms and green onions to butter in pan.
- Stir fry for 8-10 min. Remove from heat and add soy sauce.
- Stir lightly and garnish with toasted almonds.