What Is A Spinach Ball?
Think of a spinach ball as a meatless meatball. Spinach balls are made of spinach (obviously), breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, egg, butter, and seasonings. The combination is really tasty and makes for the perfect appetizer. I love eating these straight out of the oven, but they can also be served at room temp.
Use A Cookie Scoop
My favorite way to form these spinach balls, or meatballs for that matter, is to use a cookie scoop. It is the perfect size and they create uniform balls. Of course you can just eyeball it, and roll one and a half inch balls from the dough, but if you don’t have a cookie scoop you need to invest! I love using it for cookies of course, and lots of other recipes.
Even if you are a little apprehensive about this recipe – I hope you’ll try it. I promise you’ll be pleasantly surprised just like I was!
A few of my favorite products from today’s post:
- 2 10oz packages of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups italian bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup ground mustard (found on the spice aisle)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine all ingredients and mix together using clean hands.
- Form into 1 to 1.5 inch balls.
- Please them on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Whisk all ingredients together and transfer to a small saucepan.
- Bring just to a boil whisking the entire time.
- Can be served warm or at room temp.