My Husband’s brother makes these as a tradition every holiday season. I’ll admit – at first I was really skeptical…especially of the name. “Spinach balls? Sounds Terrible!” Then I ate one as a courtesy.
To my surprise they were delicious! I ate probably a half dozen and still wanted more! These have become one of my favorite appetizers to make…not only because they are tasty, but because they are EASY!
- 2 10oz packages of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups italian bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup ground mustard (this is about the entire large container found in the spice aisle)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- Start by heating your oven to 350 degrees. Next wash your hands, cause you're gonna use them as mixing tools.
- In a medium bowl combine all ingredients and mix together using your hands. I once heard that touching your food makes it taste better...so dig in (clean hands of course!) Once all ingredients are well combined form 1 inch balls. Please them on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Whisk all ingredients together and transfer to a small saucepan. Bring just to a boil whisking the entire time. Can be served warm or at room temp.