Do you feel it?! Summer is coming! Lean, spicy shrimp, homemade croutons, and plenty of fresh greens make up the perfect summer dinner. Anything that uses a grill is a win in my book.
Homemade croutons take about 5 minutes to assemble, then you bake. Easy! You can season them any way you’d like, you’re totally going to have all of the ingredients on hand, and they’re such a yummy addition. The homemade lemon caesar dressing also takes 5 minutes to blend up, doesn’t have any egg yolk, and is free of all the nasty stuff you find in most store-bought salad dressings.
“Anyway, like I was sayin’, shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There’s shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There’s pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That, that’s about it.” -Bubba
While shrimp is not a cholesterol-free food, it does have an overall-positive effect on total cholesterol when looking at the different components of the cholesterol equation. And HELLO. It’s just good. When cooking, just know it cooks QUICKLY. Only a few minutes on each side. Once it’s pink and opaque, take that sucker off the heat. That’s how you get juicy, spicy shrimp, friends. And a little drizzle of melted butter and lemon juice doesn’t hurt. These flat skewers are SO cheap and perfect for grilling so food doesn’t twirl around or slide off. I use them allllll of the time! Try some of our other recipes: Shrimp on the Barbie, Creamy Shrimp Risotto, or a personal favorite, Spicy Caribbean Shrimp with Mango Quinoa Salad.
This salad all comes together so perfectly and can be prepped all in the morning. When you’re ready to serve, throw the spicy shrimp on the grill and toss it all together. Put this on your meal plan for a busy night and you’ll be daydreaming about all of Bubba’s shrimp in no time.
- romaine lettuce
- shredded parmesan
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- juice from 2 lemons
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp anchovy paste
- 1/8 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pound extra-large raw wild-caught shrimp, de-shelled
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 t smoked paprika
- 1/4-1/2 t chipotle chili powder
- 1 t onion powder
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/8 c canola oil
- 1/2 loaf of bread
- 1/3 c butter, melted--enough to make bread cubes wet
- 2 T parsley
- 1 c parmesan cheese
- Place all dressing ingredients in blender, blend. Refrigerate.
- Place all shrimp ingredients in large plastic bag, mix well. Refrigerate.
- Prepare croutons by preheating oven to 350 degrees. Add all ingredients to parchment paper-lined jelly roll pan, mix with hands, then bake for 20 minutes. Broil for 2-3 minutes if needed to get extra crisp.
- Bring shrimp to room temperature. Skewer and then grill on your grill or in a hot frying pan (just 2-3 minutes each side) until pink and opaque. Brush with extra melted butter and lemon.
- Toss romaine lettuce with parmesan and croutons, top with shrimp, serve immediately.