Lemonade is the perfect summer refreshment, right? We have some pretty killer lemonade recipes here on the blog. Be sure to check out our classic lemonade and our strawberry lemonade. Divine. But today I want to talk to you about my newest creation. Sparkling Lavender lemonade.
I think every mom out there needs a little R&R, and this lemonade is just that. Lavender is kind of the swiss army knife of home remedies. It aids in insomnia, anxiety, headaches, depression, allergies, the common cold, stress, and skin irritations – and that is only naming a few. So why not add a little lavender to your lemonade.
For this recipe I used lavender essential oil, but fresh and dry lavender will work just the same. I’ll give you the run down in the recipe below. If you do opt to use essential oil – please make sure that it is food grade. Not all essential oils are created equally.
For the sparkling part of this recipe I used my Kitchenaid Sparkling Beverage Maker powered by SodaStream. I seriously LOVE this machine. I use it all the time. For some more ideas check out my Coconut Lime Spritzer Recipe.
I carbonated some plain old tap water and added it to my simple syrup, lemon juice, and lavender.
It doesn’t get much more refreshing than this. Fresh squeezed lemons, crisp sparkling water, and that beautiful floral note from the lavender.
Tomorrow we are celebrating the Moms in our life – and we thought it would be a pretty fabulous treat to giveaway one of our favorite small appliances. To win a Kitchenaid Sparkling Beverage Maker in the color of your choice – visit our Instagram page to enter. Happy Mother’s Day and happy beverage making!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 drops lavender essential oil or 1 tbsp dried lavender or 10 springs fresh lavender
- 1 cup lemon juice (about 6 lemons juiced)
- 3 cups cold sparkling water
- 1 drop purple food coloring (optional)
- Create a simple syrup by combining 1 cup water and sugar in a small saucepan. If using fresh or dried lavender add that to your saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Let cool to room temperature.
- using a fine mesh strainer, strain lavender from the simple syrup.
- Combine lemon juice, simple syrup, and water in a 1 quart pitcher. If using essential oil, add 2 drops of lavender oil.
- Add food coloring if desired.
- Serve with ice and lemon slices.