I don’t know about you – but I do so much better at lunch time if I have something prepped and ready to go. Even if I’m out and about, if I know I have a yummy lunch waiting for me at home, I can resist the urge to get fast food.
This year I have really tried to focus on feeding myself well at lunch time. If I treat myself to a healthy and delicious lunch I feel much more satisfied and I never feel guilty for eating something junky. Fast food = feeling sluggish + feeling guilty.
The other day I cooked up a big skillet of this southwest turkey and I have enjoyed the heck out of it all week for lunch. I use the La Tortilla Factory whole wheat high fiber tortillas and sprinkle a little cheese on top and this baby is golden.
A dolup of greek yogurt and some avocado are nice too. For my weight waters friends – one burrito, including the cheese and tortilla is 6 PointsPlus. Not too shabby for a filling, delicious lunch!
I hope you’ll feed yourself well this week and add my turkey southwest burrito to your menu. This would make a dinner that the whole family would enjoy too!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 8.5 ounce corn, drained
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chills, like rotel, drained
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp ground chipotle pepper
- 8 whole wheat low carb flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet brown turkey along with onions and garlic.
- Add spices, corn, beans, and tomatoes.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Layer ground turkey mixture and cheese in tortilla. Roll up and serve.