When I say soft..
I mean soft..
Try this recipe- it will be your new go-to cookie recipe.
When you make this lovely soft cookie, start out by creaming the butter and sugars. Add in your eggs and sift the dry ingredients. Slowly add to the dry’s to the wet’s and mix up. Then chill the dough in the fridge. This allows it to form into a little ball easier and bake just right.
While I was trying to have a photo shoot, some sneaky boy thought he was really clever with sticky finger..
I caught him with his hand in the cookie jar :) and then he shhhed me! It was too much cuteness… I had to grab a few pictures then give a few smooches. He’s one of three sweet reasons I bake these treats. Whether you prefer the dough over the cookie like my guy, you will be happy. Enjoy these lovely soft snicker doodles!
- 1 C butter, at room temp
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 3/4 C flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Cream butter and sugar together with electric mixer. Add eggs.
- In separate bowl sift flour, tartar, baking soda, and salt together. Slowly combine with butter mix.
- Chill dough in fridge for at least 15 minutes more if you can.
- Meanwhile grease cookie sheet and make a cinnamon-sugar mix by combining 3 T sugar and 3 tsp. cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
- When dough is chilled, take a small amount and roll into a ball about 1..5 -2 inches wide.
- Then roll ball in cinnamon-sugar mix to coat and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 400 deg. Baking time varies depend upon size of dough balls so watch them close. Cool on rack.